17 August 2009



His name is Colby. Or maybe it's Coby? I'm not really sure because the people I asked gave me several spelling for his name. Anyway, I call him Colby. . .

I met Colby early this August. Ours is love at first sight. I saw him and fell in love with him right away! He saw me, sniffed, and waited for my touch. And when I did, he won't leave my side. He just stayed near me every time I visit. Day after day, he would meet me, wait for me to utter his name, to hold his face in my hands, and ran my fingers down his handsome body . . . but like all great loves, ours lasted for a week. I left him with his other loves. It is better that way. He is loved there and I am equally loved in my heaven. And I have enough loves in heaven to keep my hands full and my heart bursting in delight that I always long to be home . . .

We meet and find great loves everywhere. Some of us regret when we don't get to keep those we love. Some, like myself, are quite content just having the experience and the moment to be awakened constantly by the knowledge that we have enough room for all the great loves in the world and enough room in our heart to let go . . . . .

Before I left, I captured Colby using colored pencils on paper. But the best image of Colby I captured is the one imprinted in the special recesses of my memory where it will stay together with all the great loves I had and treasured. And it will stay there until our next meeting . . .

No comments: