04 November 2010

Blog Blast for Peace!


It is not exactly a peaceful world.
Chicky, the chico tree, complains of the ants.
Yvon, the avocado tree, wants a trim always.
Troy, the lizard, wants to jump and cling to me
and I get startled and shoo him off!
My alpha dog Sumo hates noisy onlookers.
His pup Sweepy hates it when his Popsy is angry
so Sweepy barks with him!
MrLeach loves to hang around but is told
that he can not to stick to any being!
But then, in the midst of the changing weather,
the flowers sing in perfect aria . . .
MrFrogsky joins for a croaky tune.
MrBirdsky loves to fly free and seek shelter
and feast on the fruits and sing to me!
And the stray cat gets a nibble on the roof.
And I, as the keeper of Heaven,
and the caretaker of anything and everything
loud and noisy, fragrant and beautiful,
slimy and scary, fluffy and hug-able,
declare this sanctuary as mine.
And in its myriad of scents, sounds
quirks and unending joy
I revel in it
in peaceful comfort.

My world called Heaven.
Peace is its second name.
For Mimi Lenox Blog Blast for Peace!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lui: I think I like your world: Heaven and Peace sound good to me. I'm peace post blog hopping today and found your site on Mimi's list. Thanks for sharing!

Raven said...

Just beautiful! Both your globe and your words are wonderful and reflect the beauty and loving heart of their creator.

Thanks for enriching my day. Peace.

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

PEACE out ..from my blog to yours...

☮Dona Nobis Pacem (Grant Us Peace)☮

Unknown said...

what a great post !

Kate said...

Found you from the Dona Nobis Pacem. I love your site. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!

Dawn Drover said...

You're peace globe is absolutely stunning! Well done!
☮Dawn☮

Sherry Blue Sky said...

You live in heaven indeed. It looks beautiful. I love your doggies. Your art work is amazing and your poem reflects your peacefulness and joy. This post is an inspiration!!!!!!! Thank you so much!

The Chair Speaks said...

Well, we appreciate peace more if a little turmoil experienced. :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

A charming post ~ peace to all the creatures!

Anndi said...

What a precious world you live in... filled with wonderful energy and lovely souls.

Peace always ♥

Maia said...

You are a great artist!
What a fantastic peace of art; both collage and words!

Kate said...

I found you from Dona Nobis Pacem. I love your site. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!

Travis Cody said...

I love your Globe and the poem.

Peace!

Annelisa said...

Oh, I know Mimi is going to love this poem! I'm going to send it on to her right now!

Wishing you peace x

Mimi Lenox said...

What a wonderfully creative peace globe. I love it!
Thank you for blogging for peace today.
Your world looks indeed peacefully perfect.

#1888 in the Official Gallery

Mimi

Mimi Lenox said...

"And in its myriad of scents, sounds
quirks and unending joy
I revel in it
in peaceful comfort."

This is an incredible poem.

Annelisa said...

Your peace post is now linked in my blog: Peace Bloggers Unite