04 November 2011

Blog Blast for Peace 2011

I said this before
and I will say it again
for in my Heaven
it is not always rosy
the sky opens and closes
with searing heat that makes the dogs pant
or with humid rains after a hot morning
or drizzles all night that floods the city . . .
the mosquitoes breed in numbers
and they get reprimanded . . .
(yes, I take the authority to call them off!)
the lizard Troy gets warned not to jump at me
every chance he gets . . .
the millipede get accidentally trampled
and so are the delicate plants . . .
but then I get kissed and hugged
by plants, animals and people
and this is what makes my world
one of peace . . .

To live, rule and let go.
To snap and hug and throw worries in the wind
only to repeat the same day in day out.
Everything is forgiven.
Everything harmful is forgotten
and allowed to pass.

I am in a topsy-turvy world
and I am at peace.


For Mimi Lenox
Blog Blast for Peace

and for Beverly of

13 comments:

Daisy said...

Peace to you!

Princess said...

glad I found you. a beautiful site.
peace!!!

wildcatwoods said...

Sending thoughts of peace to you all..

Sweetpea and

Cats of wildcat woods

Travis Cody said...

Beautiful globe and beautiful poem to go with it!

Best wishes to you and yours, and to all the critters and purries and fur faces, for peace today and in all the days to come.

Karen Jo said...

I love the way you used different languages in your peace globe. Peace be with you today and every day.

Maia T said...

nice composition the above.
I thought your world is more beautiful, with all these flowers around, till I read about the mosquitoes.

Important is that you are at peace.

Have a great weekend!

Robin said...

Finding your own peace is the very best place to begin.

I wish you peace, today and every day.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hello, Lui. That is lovely. Pace from Sicily. x

Mimi Lenox said...

Truly universal posts. I was moved by each one. You made me realize that I need to remember that topsy-turvy can still be peaceful.
You are indeed a poet. Do you know that? Indeed.

Francisca said...

"kissed and hugged by plants, animals and people"... oh yeah...!

Hi Lui... yes, I'm home in Manila. :-)

Carver said...

Great blog blast for peace post. Peace to you and yours.

pinkkandy said...

I am late getting to my Pink Saturday...adventures..there's just something about topping your week-end off with lovely PINK eye candy...and getting to know you through your blogs...God Bless and have a great week!
Kandy

Annelisa said...

Excellent post! I remember how much I enjoyed your post last Blogblast4Peace as well! :-)

[A link to your post will be on my blog 'Peace Bloggers Unite' soon]