18 April 2010

I-Am-Ok.

That is for every worried messages I got. I'm sorry if I can not respond to every one right now. I mean it is not every day that you lose somebody you love. You get shocked, you grieve, you bury your dead and you move on. With every tearful step of the way . . .

My two dogs Sweepy and Bogart are siblings although Bogart was born a year earlier (2001) to a father (Sumo) who was born a year earlier (2000). I know it sounds hectic and I never for a moment understood, even after years of growing up with pet dogs and cats, that animals live hectic lives! I mean I still can't understand how their late mother Pica was able to have puppies every seven months, or why bitches (female dogs) don't have menopause, or how old, er, senior dogs can still act and look like puppies, just like the ones I have . . . I mean I am their keeper, their glorified maid and yaya, and I am still clueless . . .
So why did Bogart died? I was told several plausible reasons: heat stroke, heart worms, or any illnesses which he had which I am not aware of. Bogart is the no-fuss type of dog. He does not grumble except when he wanted to eat and he will lean his head on my lap and make gooey eyes, so unlike his brother Sweepy and his father Sumo who gets grumpy and can be demanding for belly rubs, fur brushing, play, picture-taking, etc. etc. practically every hour! What I know and what this sad and shocking episode taught me was that there is a bigger reason for this to happen. I am suddenly realizing it now. And maybe, when all the emotions have died down, maybe I can share them. But not yet. I did not expect other people and animals to be more emotional about this than me! And I thank you all for sharing our grief and celebrating the life of one of my very best friend. Bogart is a happy active dog. And I am happy that he left as quietly, as painlessly, as peacefully . . . I just hope my heart will have the same bravado . . .

1 comment:

nonizamboni said...

I am so sorry about your loss. Grieve, grieve, and keep grieving.
Its been said, 'Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really.' I understand how you feel.