20 September 2010

The Day The Skies Cried With Me . . .

This weekend the skies grumbled in Heaven. This weekend the sunny day ended in tears. Before the weekend closed, somebody I love left. This weekend as I raised my hand to quiet the angry skies as it roared and unleashed its cool spray down Heaven I knew something was very wrong. I knew it as I calmed my dogs shaking in fear at the sharp thunder and lightning roaring down Heaven. I knew it as the dogs were panting beside me and I felt my heart shaking as well. I knew it as I held the phone close to my chest and felt my tears mingle with the pouring rain . . . . Today, somebody was suppose to turn 90. In a generation where people seem old at 30, somebody I dearly love was turning 90. But two days before we can celebrate it, she left. She left just like the sudden rain that swept all of Heaven clean. She left before I can even say goodbye. So with my eyes closed I whispered her name and sent all of the angels to keep watch as she finally made her way home at last! Goodbye, Mamita. May the peeking sun brighten your path and may the singing birds serenade you with songs as you reunite with your forever love once again . . .
In loving memory of Rosario
September 20, 1920 -September18, 2010



1 comment:

michael bird said...

Lovely good bye to one of your friends, Lui. May she rest in peace after a very long life.