18 June 2011

Guess Who Is Blooming This Week?

Pretty in pink blooming from our cactus plant!


This pretty flower will soon grow like a small pineapple which my sister Luchie will replant in another pot.


Oh I love watching this small but sturdy and beautiful but prickly flower as I go panting around Heaven watering and cooling everybody in a hot sunny, humid, sudden rains, extreme dry weather conditions including . . .


Yes, can you see my dogs Sweepy and his father Sumo panting in the background?


. . . and if its hot expect MrFly to go hovering and getting into the scene! I share our beautiful pink in Heaven for all wonderful friends with fun memes:

For Kat and her From A Flower's Perspective:


For Maia and her Macro-Flowers every Saturday:


For Beverly and her Pink Saturday:


For Amy and her ColorSplashSunday:


And for the great team behind TodaysFlowers, Luiz Santilli, Pupo Laerte, Sandy Carlson and most especially my good friend Denise who help me link my post every week (thanks a lot, D!):

. . . we are all undergoing changes in our lives . . . weather, relationships, mindset, our landscapes, our seascapes, our values and perspective. . . and it helps to find inspiration and simple truths in nature. This cactus flower will only bloom in extreme weather conditions like we have today. Just like most people. And just like most of the political, economic, spiritual changes around the world we have to find and understand the beauty within such drastic and critical conditions. I pray you all rise to this important call just as I would . . .

14 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

I see spring and growth in your flower shots.
awesome treat.
HPS!

Maia said...

Your new flower is very special and beautiful, as well as your encouraging words to find the beauty in things where isn't any.
Great close-up of the fly too.

The Chair Speaks said...

Oh, this is so cute and I don't mean the fly! :)

LV said...

Loved visiting and seeing your pretty pink cactus garden.

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Lui, your photos are lovely and I thought the close up of MrFly was great. Your Today's Flowers entry has been posted :) Have a great week!

Modern Mom said...

It's so pretty.

My entry.

Carletta said...

It really does resemble a pineapple. :)
Lovely images Lui!!

Luna Miranda said...

i have never seen this cactus before. love the thoughts that go with this unusual flower.

Self Sagacity said...

I have to say the flowers on a cactus always makes me want to have a cactus.

DeniseinVA said...

Back again, just wanted to answer your question about your letters. I'm hoping by now you have read the ones I sent to you as I replied both times. Glad to pop back in and take another look at these exotic-looking blooms. Thanks Lui.

Francisca said...

A lovely series of images of this soft pink bloom on a prickly cactus. Nice narrative, too, Lui.

real lady said...

you have a very interesting blog...and I love the way you took the photos of this cute little flower.

Unknown said...

Love how you can take a series of shots of one object and relate it to so many things. It's a talent that few have!

And I am glad to see you linking up with CSS alongside Sweepy again. ;)

Dave Cawkwell said...

You have done a great sequence of shots there. The fly shot is brilliant, the colour splash one I really like and the simplicity of the opening shot makes it really special. Lovely plant, well documented. Daves photo views