21 January 2012

Pink Celebration!

I always love the Bougainvillea plant!
And to prove this, I featured it several times in the past.
The Bougainvillea is pretty, sturdy, and needs less maintenance.
I was told it thrives on sunshine (lots of it here!)
and need not be watered daily (less cost too!)
When I was doing creative exercises with my 11 year old special student Sam, the Bougainvillea exudes the place with positive energy even on a hot day! Like a cheer dancer cheering us to make it work. . .
So when the usual non-verbal autistic Sam took a pause in the middle of the session to call the attention of his nanny who understood and waited patiently for Sam to express what he wanted in his slow calculated tone: "Sam wants to eat cookies" . . . I almost cried! It seemed like a small victory but as I held back tears of joy to ask Sam if he wanted to resume our session while we waited for his nanny to bring his cookies and he said "Art? yes!" I was totally delirious with happiness! He used to hate art and drawing and coloring but now, even in hunger, he was willing to go on with the session!
And the beautiful Bougainvillea stood as silent witness to the joy of the moment even under the hot humid day. . .
I have a lot of special Bougainvillea moments
and each one is as special as the others.

And this I share with special people at:
Macro Flowers Saturday badge 1

18 comments:

The Chair Speaks said...

Yes, their brilliant pink is lovely. But our human gets annoyed when the neighbours' Bougainvillea bracts and leaves keep falling over.

Jama said...

Lovely Bougainvilleas!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful Bougainvillea flowers.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful pink!

My PINK is inviting you to come and see. Have a nice weekend!

Maia said...

This plant has gorgeous flower, the bi-color one looks fantastic.
They don't like our climate, what a pity.

Luna Miranda said...

i am also a fan of bougainvillea. the blooms remind me of summer, lots of sunshine.:p

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love that pink and bougainvillias are gorgeous, we used to gave them in three colors at a past house we had, where our girls grew up. I love flowers and I even love to see them falling on the garden, I miss that. Thank you for your lovely and kind visit. Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY

1CardCreator said...

Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane

Viola said...

Beautiful flowers Lui and it's not only in the sun they thrive.. I think they trive with you also!! =)

Lovely weekend to you! :)

Giga said...

Są to przepiękne pnącze, bardzo je lubię, ale u nas w ogrodzie nie rosną Pozdrawiam. *** These are beautiful vine, I like them very much, but here in the garden does not grow Yours.

Cats of Wildcat Woods said...

Just lovely - we had on growing next to the house in Florida but it is too cold where we live now. We can share yours!

Indrani said...

Fantastic capture.

Pat's Addition said...

That answers Luiz's question about his last photo beautifully!

Chubskulit Rose said...

I miss seeing bouganvilla!

Visiting from Today's flower, here's my bed of roses, have a blessed Sunday!

Arija said...

I love them too Lui.

Carletta said...

Beautiful shots of these lovely blooms and an even more beautiful story about Sam!
Hope you are having a wonderful day Lui!

Deborah said...

Hi,
You have beautiful flowers! Pink Saturday is a beautiful day!
xxoo
Deborah

Kim, USA said...

Never ever thought bougainvilleas are very beautiful. Beautiful shots!! Thanks for the visit happy weekdays! ^_^