18 November 2009

After posting about our chico tree Chicky, I knew I have to post about Yvon, our diva avocado tree! Yvon was way younger than Chicky. Possibly around 10 years old. I'm not really sure. We just had our third year of harvesting her glorious fruits! Yvon simply went higher and higher yet her tall branches never once gave in to the powerful storms that passed Heaven!

We had Yvon trimmed this year (including Chicky) to contain their growth and protect them from powerful storms that might come our way. Yvon's trimmed body might looked sad to some people, but Yvon (and Chicky!) both enjoyed the trimming (like having a chic haircut!) that they appeared like dancing trees with their new do! Well, last month I saw Yvon with fresh leaves sprouting out of her slender branches . . .

and beneath her strong base a new plant was growing! Do you know what it is? It is a papaya plant struggling to grow beside Yvon possibly sent by a visiting bird or flown by the winds!

Hmmm, but I love papayas! And now I have one growing in Heaven! I hope to harvest my first organic papaya fruit next year . . . possibly at the same time when Yvon grows more leaves, flowers, and bear her glorious avocados while she sings of un-ending love . . .

No comments: