21 January 2010

My sister Luchie is into traditions. And one of them is the 12 fruits as a year-ender. Each year, she will buy twelve different kinds of round fruits as a symbol of good luck to have on New Year's eve. Since we love fruits, I always look forward to this. You see, it is not always easy to find 12 round fruits. I mean we love banana, but hey, bananas are not round. So, instead she gathered in a basket, green and red round apples, grapes, round pears, round mangoes, big and small oranges, round pineapples, round melons, round papayas, our chico fruits and a smaller chico-like fruit whose name I forgot. Luchie credits the blessings she gets every year from these traditions which I believe is also a form of affirmation. What you affirm will happen. I affirm for more resiliency for all of earth's inhabitants as I ate the fruits. We will definitely need it in the days to come . . .

1 comment:

Viola said...

Such a good idea! And so healthy and yes, me too I love to eat the fruits! :)