29 January 2011

Orangey Blooms



I found this flower at the altar in Baby's house. Somebody got them from the top of a tall tree in the neighborhood. Too bad I did not see the tree and too bad I did not get the name of this plant as well. One thing I know, it is absolutely gorgeous and rare! And the next time I go there I will find the tree and maybe ask the owner for the name of the tree and maybe some of the flowers as well! ;-)
My orangey blooms I share with Maia at MacroFlowersSaturday and for TodaysFlowers of Luiz, Denise, Laerte and Sandy! Have a happy weekend!

UPDATED: Bernie identified this flower as Spathodea Campanulata or African Tulip Tree

14 comments:

Viola said...

Rare, yes.. and so gorgeous lovely!! at the same time.. ;)

Thank you for your smoothie receipe, I'll try it one day.. :)

Have a wonderful, flowerful and powerful weekend my friend! :)

Kisses.. :)

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Very beautful and your photos are wonderful

Judy said...

I was going to ask what sort of a flower it is, but if you don't know...
I love it, though! The shape and the colours are so unusual! My favourite shots are the ones where the light is coming through the petals!!

Jama said...

That's one unique flowers! hope you find out the name soon.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful blooms, very unique.

Maia said...

You always have to share some interesting flowers from your parts.
They are gorgeous indeed and probably specific to your home, I've never seen them, not even in pictures.

Maia.t said...

They are gorgeous with this burning fire color. Beautiful shots Lui.

lina@women's perspectives said...

It's so unique and pretty! Love their color too. Have a great Sunday, Lui...

Unknown said...

this fiery flower looks familiar. it looks like the flowering tree near the place where i run on weekends. will check out the name next time.:p

http://savorthebite.blogspot.com/2011/01/todays-flowers-26-episcia.html

BernieH said...

These are the flowers of Spathodea campanulata or more commonly known as the African Tulip Tree. They are such a distinctive colour and shape.

Anonymous said...

These are indeed stunning! I've never seen these blooms before.

Self Sagacity said...

This flower looks like a giant eating thing. Venus fly trap or something like that. Very unique, thanks for sharing.

Modern Mom said...

This is gorgeous and very unique. Great shots!

My entry.

SquirrelQueen said...

What a wonderful shade of orange, it made me smile as soon as I saw your photos.