05 February 2011

On A Saturday Walk . . .



I discovered this beautiful purple flowers when I went walking with some kids in their neighborhood this Saturday. The flowers were in clusters and although they are small (you can compare their size from my hand) I noticed their bold colors from afar and rushed to take these photographs. I must remind you that I can only take second shots and only with a point and shoot digital camera that fits in my pocket! The only available time and camera I have. I also got used to taking candid shots because it is the only way I can document my funny dogs and all the critters in our house Heaven! And as much as I wanted to stay and admire the flowers I had to leave fast (I have 4 kids and two dogs to watch!) but not before noticing the smaller, wild flowers growing beside the purple flowers and take a quick shot!

Again, I am sorry but I do not know the names of both flowers. But somebody will surely inform me again. I share them with Maia at MacroFlowers and for the TodaysFlowers of Luiz, Denise, Sandy and Laerte.
Macro Flowers Saturday badge 3


UPDATED: Eden identified this flower as Tibouchina.

10 comments:

Viola said...

Lovely, lovely flowers, and I just love the color of them!! :)

Have a nice time! Say hello to Sweepy and Sumo- Happy New Year to themas well as you! :)

Best regards from me! :)

Maia said...

These are pretty wildflowers and a lovely color. You are lucky that you can have them while I'm shivering in the cold.
You have beautiful pictures, no need to complain about you camera.

To your question: yes they did, not just charging but threatening. It's an ugly story, I wrote a few lines about it in the post, with my big mouth, but I deleted it after a few minutes.

Eden said...

I love those purple flowers. I think they are called Tibouchina. Great photos.

Have a great Sunday!

The Chair Speaks said...

I love purple and blue flowers. Lovely shots.

Jidhu Jose said...

nice shots

Carolina Mountains said...

Wonderful flowers - I just found a flower in bloom after months of nothing! Come see.

Unknown said...

i've seen the purple flowers, don't know its name either.:p

kids and dogs--wow, you have your hands full!

Icy BC said...

They are both so gorgeous! Love purple flowers!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!
Lovely flowers!!

Self Sagacity said...

The purple flowers look like the princess flowers we have in our garden. When they are buds, the outside is like fuzz, and so soft.