11 July 2010

Today's Flowers . . .




. . . are red calachuchi flowers (frangipani?) I am offering to all dead "trespassers" killed by my hounds (Sumo and Sweepy) this week. Maybe it was the stress of reuniting again (they were kept apart for years in the same house because one is a bully), or maybe it was the stress of losing one of the pack (Bogart, Sumo's pup and Sweepy's sibling, who died 3 months ago), or maybe it was brought on by the foul weather (piercing sunny hot with rainy, humid days), and of course, maybe it was just the driving force that compel animals like them to fearlessly protect their property, that no matter how much they were told not to hurt anybody, that uncontrollable desire to do something totally wild was unleashed this week. First, there was a stray cat that jumped into our property. Then, a few days after, a huge rat jumped from the neighbor's. (our neighbor breed fighting cocks and their feeds are great feasts for rats!) Both of these innocent creatures dared enter our Heaven, and both innocent trespassers were killed by my dogs in an instant! It was totally heartbreaking! I could not scold my dogs however. Animals like dogs are proud to present their prey like a badge of honor at my feet. I cried in horror! For the violence, the gruesome sight, the bloody red marks presented to me a few days apart . . . . And here are the culprits . . . . looking so innocent . . .

For our unwanted visitors in Heaven
please accept my peace offering:
Red fiery Frangipani flowers.
Wild, fragrant, bold.

And I hope that with these flowers, I put to close all bloody events in our house Heaven. So mote it be.
More beautiful flowers but less tragic stories at TodaysFlowers.

11 comments:

Viola said...

I'm so sorry to hear Lui! :/ But I'm sure there is a forgiveness for all of us.. Nature is hard sometimes.. I feel sorry for the cat and the rat..
As well for your dogs..

Nice flowers you're offering!
I hope the best for you Lui, and take care! Peace and love to all of you and to all in Heaven! :)

Anonymous said...

oh Lui...I read u and ask to myself: WHY DID NOT MEET THIS WOMAN BEFORE?

CONGRATS
Grace OLsson

Rajesh said...

The red flowers are amazingly beautiful.

DeniseinVA said...

So sad for you Lui but such is the cycle of life in the animal kingdom. I remember my little cat bringing all kinds of dead things at my feet when I was young. Yes I was horrified but was always told by my Dad that this was nature's way.

Thank you for sharing your lovely photos with Today's Flowers. Have a great week, a peaceful one with no strays in your garden :)
An English Girl Rambles

JJ said...

Frangipani - pretty name and pretty flowers.
JJ

Rechie said...

oh..that lovely red calachuchi..my mom nicknamed (Chuchie) me from this flower

min is here

Suzy said...

Hoping for a more peaceful week for you coming up! Your flowers are beautiful and I imagine their scent is too.

nonizamboni said...

Beautiful peace offering and the last photo of the watch dogs tells the story the best. That awful, sustaining chain of life.
Wow, what a week you've had. Here's to a better one!

DeniseinVA said...

Back again. So sorry about the old list Lui. I saw that it was still up and that you had put your name on it, along with a lot of our other blogging friends. It is very confusing to people when the old link is still there. I did copy your link and transfer it to the new link. I tried to do this with everyone so I hope I didn't miss anyone. I am going to ask Luiz if we can take the old list down a little sooner, so there won't be any more confusion. Thanks for your kindness and patience Lui, we really appreciate your continued support. Have a great week.
An English Girl Rambles

Roan said...

Beautiful flowers! The last shot is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.