17 February 2012

Hoya for Joy!

No, MrFly is not here to protest.
I mean, after I wrote the last time about not liking flies,
I thought he might decide an "Occupy Heaven" something.

But MrFly is here to admire the flowers
and sip its sugary sweetness . . .

. . . and basically to greet me.
Yup, February is my birthday month.
It is also my brother Jojo's bday month
and Jojo's daughter Steph (my niece)
and my late Papa's bday
and my Mama's late brother Tito Sario
and my Mama's mother (Lola Fina) death anniversary.
Yes, February is pretty special.

MrFly is pretty happy about it.
But no, he can not have a kiss!
Oh, go look for MsFly and kiss her instead!
MsFly is with him in the background
too busy to greet me . . . .

Oh, I don't know if I'll celebrate this year.
I feel like a quiet hug day in Heaven
and maybe a cake or ice cream
which is really bad for all of us.
Sigh.

TriviaBlues:
I was born on a leap year which is why my Mama, who was pregnant with me at that time, kept going back and forth to the doctor's office, hoping to deliver early and hoping I won't be born on the 29th. Well, I was born the day before at 8 in the morning at 8.8 pounds. So much for the kooky month.

For the flower lovers Luiz, Sandy and Laerte
and my good friend Denise at:


And for Maia at:
Macro Flowers Saturday badge 1

14 comments:

Luna Miranda said...

one advantage of having a leap year birthday is you get to save on birthday parties.:p
this is a pretty flower-can't remember the name of this beauty.

Maia said...

Your Hoya is a beauty and you did a great job with these macros.
So you have much to celebrate this month.

About the captcha: I disabled moderation on MFS but I must have some antispam protection. I noticed that it is quite confusing lately but that's why it is there.

Macro FL P said...

Lovely ball shaped flower and great macros.
I can imagine that the sticky juice of the flower is the fly's Heaven.

Meeha Meeha said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, such beautiful photography! The last pic gave me goose bumps :) Thank you for leaving your comment on my orchid blooms :)

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

this hoya is very spaced out. I told you before, did I? My old friend in Singapore does research on Hoya. he got me interested,

CameraCruise said...

Great post!
Beautiful flower!
I don't like flies either, but on photos they're great!
Have a beautiful weekend.
Greetings, Mette

Carver said...

The hoya is lovely and I enjoyed the visiting fly too. I hope you and your loved one all have happy February birthdays.

Modern Mom said...

You have too many reasons to celebrate this Feb. Advance Happy Birthday! Your pics are fabulous.

Pink Serendipity

Photo Cache said...

what a lovely bloom. i've never seen one before today in your blog.

http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

eileeninmd said...

Your Hoya is beautiful. Happy Birthday to you and yours.

eileeninmd said...

Your Hoya is beautiful. Happy Birthday to you and yours.

Cheryl said...

Happy EARLY Birthday!

That flower is simply stunning. The fly needs to go away.

Judy said...

I have never seen a yellow hoya!! Only the pink ones! This is so beautiful! Unusual! The fly gives a good perspective on the size of the blossoms!

DeniseinVA said...

Wow! Never thought about this before, of people who were born on a Leap year!!! I'm glad you're celebrating this year :) Those flower shots are just gorgeous!